A Beautiful Fall Day

A Beautiful Fall Day

Friday, January 25, 2008

Getting Older


So I recently turned another year older and it seriously hit me that I needed to be a responsible mom and my first priority should be my family. Now this is strange because that is me and has been me for that last six years. I love to play and party with family and friends and would love to have my children stay home from school and play with me all day on birthdays and holidays. However I had this feeling that I shouldn't do that anymore and that it should now become just another day to run kids to school, dance, mutual and everything else. I talked to Scott about it and he says that its fine and that I can continue to do it the way I have. It feels so weird to continue to get older, at least for me, when I have six children ranging from ages 3-15. I love to watch them do things and get older, and other times I want to freeze them right where they are and keep them at that age. So inevitably if they grow up I guess so must I. However I will never want to stop playing with family and friends, and will continue to think that birthdays are another party day where you don't have to do any work and can play from sun up to sun down. I will teach this to my children and hopefully they can have great childhood memories like I did. And so here is to so many more birthdays to come and to have many more parties and yes, to get another year older every year! Bring it on!!!

3 comments:

we share: said...

i totally remembered your b-day was this month... sadly I can never remember what day and I was too embarrassed to ask... Which day is it the 21st? 19th? 16th? Sheeesh. sorry. I am such a bad friend. I love you though- and I think you should party all day long on your b-day whether you are 8 or 80. Just because you are an adult doen't mean you can't be spontanious and fun. And besides what are we 25? I mean- not exactly OLD....:) you might feel older what with all your children and your husband having a real job and everything. Happy Birthday Heb!!! Love your guts!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday! It doesn't seem like that long ago we were teenagers... where did the time go? We do need to get together for sure... it has been too many years. I do like the Cheesecake factory but if we go there I must insist on no children (at least with me). The terrible two's are in full force at my house and I avoid taking Brady to restaurants that don't have a play place at all costs.

Mission: said...

Happy late birthday! I haven't blogged for a while! You are such so fun and I can't believe we are getting older, I don't feel like it either! Great blog, I bet you had so much fun in Disney World/Land. We are moving to AZ in May and we are so excited!

Precious Moments