A Beautiful Fall Day

A Beautiful Fall Day

Monday, April 14, 2008

I have become my Mother


The other day as I was driving my second carpool for the day it hit me how much I have become my mother. Now my Mother is one of the most amazing woman I have ever met. She is my hero. There is no better way to put it than that. Please also understand that I am not entirely like her, even though that would be a huge compliment. In the way that it hit me that I have become my mom is the way parts of my life have turned out. My mom has 6 kids, I have 6 kids. My mom would be exhausted at night and could barely keep her eyes open after 9 pm, I am exhausted at night and can barely keep my eyes open after 9 pm. My mom would get up very early every morning to make us a hot breakfast from scratch and a home lunch if we wanted it. She always saw us off to school and made sure we said prayers, read scriptures as a family and things like that. I also came home to fresh bread, homemade goodies of some sort every day. It was seriously a picture perfect childhood. Now I on the other hand have a hard time getting out of bed if Scott has kept me up too late since he is a night owl. I desperately try and honestly when my kids are up so am I. I would say that 5-6 days out of the week I make hot breakfast and really try to make the fresh stuff everyday too. This is a little harder for me since I can't eat it. Anyway getting back on track. On this particular day that I realized that I had become my mom, it was the day to day grind I am referring to. This day like so many others starts at 7 am when I get 4 kids out the door by 7:40 am. I babysit for my uncle and Dylan, she just turned 1, shows up at 8. I exercise for 30-40 minutes, and then get 2 other children ready for the day. I drove carpool that day for McKentri's school which consists of four 5 year olds at 11:40 am. I got home in time to make Kylie a lunch and run it to her school. Go home make a batch of cookies and pick up McKentri's group at 2:30. Drop them off and head to Dallin's school by 3:00 pm and pick up five 15 year old boys. Talk about a loud bunch. I have been learning a lot of new phrases by picking these boys up and I tell you what, I am definitely glad to be out of school and married!!! I take them to my house to change, we head to the gas station for a treat and then drop them off at work, Lagoon landscapers, by 3:30 pm. I headed back home in time to have six 5 year olds and Boston in their swim suits and in my tub, yes the all fit, for a mermaid party. I had to get them out by 4:25 pm in time to go pick up Kylie from track. I got her and then dropped her off at home to babysit. All the girls went home by 5 Kylie said. I drove down to Salt Lake to watch Scott be a Small Claims Judge which he does once a month. That started at 5:30 pm and went until 8:00 pm. We picked up some Chinese and decided to finish our date at home with our two oldest children. We watched the Office and ate Chinese and went to bed by 10 pm. I talked to my mom the next day and asked her how she did it for so long and she said that some days she felt ok and other days when she would go home and find her house a mess she would wonder what was wrong with her that she couldn't get anything done. I tell you what she is an amazing person and the fact that she let all 6 of us do so much is very courageous of her. As I go day to day it doesn't seem like so much but at the end of the day I really feel it and I am tired. Yet there isn't anything else that I would rather do than be a mom and wife and raise my family without any regrets. It may be crazy but its a good crazy. Thanks mom for showing me that it can be done!

1 comment:

we share: said...

wow. I am tired just reading that. I have a pretty easy life I guess. Your mom truly is amazing and one of the kindest, loving, giving people I've ever met. You are the same- love ya girl! Hang in there and it's a goof thing you get vacations- that's all I can say ;)

Precious Moments