A Beautiful Fall Day

A Beautiful Fall Day

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

Today is such a great day. It is a day that we get to honor the men/fathers in our life. I have so many people to honor its great! I think that I should start with my dad first. Darrell Redford is such a great guy. He has taught me so many things. He taught me to always finish whatever it is I start. He has taught me that I am capable of anything. He taught me that there are so many different ways to show love. He taught me to always honor my mother and to not yell at her. He is someone who will always take care of his family. He taught me to work really hard. He is great at reading stories and has so many voices for all the characters in the book. He will even read it backwards or wrong to either rile you up or to see if you are really paying attention. He is a great grandpa to my kids and they love to crawl on his lap. He is a great artist and writer. He helped me with way too many projects the night before they were due. He has so much knowledge in so many areas. You can seriously ask him a question and if he doesn't know the answer (which is rare) then he will find it for you. He is thoughtful in ways that no one else is. If he knows you are having a problem with something or looking for something he will look for answers for you on his own time and then e-mail you what he has found. With any surgery or illness I have had or my kids he always calls to check on us. I love my dad! The next person I want to honor is my husband. He is an amazing dad. He loves to be the one to put the kids to bed at night. He likes to read to them, sing songs to them, the younger ones brush their teeth and just listen to what they have to say. He tries his hardest to hit every function no matter how small or big that each one of them have. He stresses so much about them and wants each one of them to be happy. He likes to take them each out on dates, from store and gas station runs, to Hannah Montana movie concerts. He is a great provider who takes his job seriously. He loves to play with the kids individually and as a family. He honors his priesthood and gives blessings all the time. He sets such a good example for all our kids and I am lucky to have him as my husband! There are so many more men in our life that we love and respect. Poppy, Harry, Jim, Mike, Melvin, and all the other men that took part in raising Scott, myself, and even help us with our kids. HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!

3 comments:

we share: said...

I am a little confused about your comment you left on my blog deary... are you preggers?

stephanie said...

Scott is one of the best Dads I've seen with his kids. His Dad must have been great example.

It's Me...shell said...

You have such a beautiful family. You look so happy. I'm so glad that you found such an amazing man.

Precious Moments